Wednesday, January 26, 2011

umm crooked what....... yIKEs

Last week we created a very special memory as a family... it was emotional, it was memorable, it was amazing.  If you want read about the details then visit http://kdrehmer.blogspot.com/2011/01/fire-still-burns-on-hill.html.  This here is the ridiculous story... the one that isn't full of sentiment but instead full of funny (well funny in my opinion...). 

If you read the link you know our grandfather passed away and that we hiked into the woods to his cabin spread his ashes and to share some special memories.  I am going to share one of my favorite comical moments of the day.  We are all standing by the fire... warming up and sharing stories.  My dad, the BOOMAN, suddenly tells us that Captain... otherwise known as Grandpa Rhodes... told him that when he came to the cabin in the summer time he would sunbath NAKED.  As soon as this came out of my dads mouth I started coughing, dry heaving... could not imagine this...did not want to envision this.

BUT DON'T WORRY.... Hollie thought this was HYSTERICAL.  She started to talk about how funny it would be if someone came upon the cabin and found him laying out naked.  She started to say that if you saw him sunbathing you would be able to determine if he had a crooked you know what..... and seeing how this apparently is one of her favorite topics of conversation she just loved throwing it in that day.  I was literally dying...crying with laughter.  She then continues to say that his you know who know what know had to be straight because he had a girl... Marijohn proved that his you know wasn't crooked.

I would like to know why my sister had to talk about my grandpas you know what that day... in fact anyday... why would she want to converse about such topics?  Talking about the curvature of anyones you know what is not something I want to talk about.  I sure don't want to think of my grandpa that way... I didn't want to read about Andy in that way.... does that make me a prude? maybe... am I ok with that... yuppers... but I will tell you what... I am grateful for Hollie and the things she talks about.  It makes me laugh, it calms me down when things are tense, it makes me happy when I am sad.

So we said goodbye to my grandpa that day... but apparently we also figured out some other things about him that day as well.



2 comments:

  1. She's a winner she is, but you're right...she sure can make us laugh :-)

    ReplyDelete