Thursday, January 6, 2011

I have a confession too...

Turtlenecks make me nauseous.  I don't care if they are black, pink, white, brown, green...it doesn't matter.  A turtleneck used for layering does not work for me.  Don't get me wrong a cowl neck- LOVE IT! An occasional turtleneck sweater- FINE! But a daily need to rock a turtleneck-NOT SO MUCH!  This whole conversation stems from the day I realized that my sister is becoming my momma.  Just last month was Hollie's birthday.. she wanted a girls day... I was excited.  I hadn't spent a day with my mom and sister-- just the three of us in so long-- I honestly can't remember the last time.  The day begins with... well since Hollie loves talking about breastfeeding so much she won't mind me saying this... me having to drive Hollie from Kohls to the mall while she pumps in the car.  Not only do I have to drive her mini-van which in itself makes me want to cry, I have to play look out in the parking lot to make sure no one is watching her hook up her milking machine.  We make it to the mall without anyone getting a peep show... success number one!  We ate yummy lunch at Ruby Tuesdays where Hollie gets a good buzz from one single beverage...success number two!  We then meander down to BonTon and start doing one of my favorite things...scouring the bargain racks... all of a sudden my mom is on one side and my sister is on the other... they are both trying to get my attention because both of them had found a shirt they loved...YUP they were holding up the same shirt... success number three!  Don't get me wrong my mother dresses great and I often love what she is wearing but I would think that Hollie could wait until she was at least thirty to start wearing the same clothes my mom wears.  I then make a comment joking to Hollie about "hey Hol what's next- are you going to start a collection of turtlenecks in your closet too?"  This is when she informs me (I should have already known) that she already has a large collection.   That is when I ran and hid from the turtleneck monsters.. I was afraid they would try and convert me into one of them.  When we left the mall I rode home with my mom... Hollie rode home in her minivan... She called me a few minutes later to ask me to tell my mom that she stopped at Target and they had turtlenecks on sale for $5... she was buying some for herself and offered to scoop up some for my mom... MRRRRRT!!!! 
This is the only person in the world cute enough to rock a turtleneck!!

5 comments:

  1. You guys are hilarious, love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay's right...you guys are too funny! But, hey there isn't a darn thing wrong with turtlenecks...I am wearing one today...SURPRISE! Oh, and I wondered where you went when we turned around and couldn't find you..we weren't too sure about you when we finally did find you hiding under a clothes rack. We thought you might have had a buzz from the drink you had and all along you were hiding from us and our turtlenecks :-) We need another girls day soon....or night!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is to much for an old guy to handle if Hollie is your mother does that make you skippy

    ReplyDelete